[IP] blurry/ double vision after laser surgery

Hello Folks- I had my first laser treatment done on my right eye yesterday.
515 laser blasts...is that about average? I have severe proliferative
diabetic retinopathy- but no vion loss...until now! .Now I am seeing double
vision and black spots. Doc told me to remove the eye patch four hours post
surgery. Well, when I did it is so difficult to see...so I am wondering if
its okay to leave the patch on, or do I need to startt "using" that right eye
muscle? Of course I will call his office and inquire- just wondering what
others expereince has been and how long the blurriness lasted.....I feel like
I have been hit in the eye..
pumps away!