[IP] Update to MM 508 buttons not responding

I called MiniMed yesterday regarding the problem we've been having with my
daughters pump not responding. Here's what they said:
1. The pump was going through a self check. But this would only cause
buttons to not respond for a few seconds. Not a minute or more which my
daughter's pump is doing.
2. There was/is static electricity build up in the pump causing the buttons
to not respond.
End result, they asked us to use the leather case with the pump over the
next few weeks to see if the problem went away. Apparently the leather case
cuts down on static. If we continue to have a problem we are to call them
back asap.
If they need to replace the pump, does anyone know if they replace it with a
NEW pump or a refurbished pump?
Thank you to everyone who's posted help on this. As always, everyone has
been extremely helpful!!
Michael Herdeen