[IP] Re: IP] Need Help Re: Ultraflex Soft Infusion Sets

>I just started pump therapy last weekend, and I need some advice on the
>Ultraflex Soft infusion sets (8mm) made by Disetronic. My first infusion
>site was on the buttock, but away from pants pockets and seams. After a
>few hours, the site occluded. I changed the infusion set and placed it on
>my abdomen below the belt line, and within a few hours the same thing
>happened. When I pulled the cannulas out, they were bent.
>Shannon Cavers "Newbie" Pumper

I've had poor success with the UltraFlex (10mm), which is why I switched to
the MiniMed QuickSets (9mm).  They seem to work much better for me.  In my
experience, the QuickSets seem to insert much easier and more smoothly than
do the UltraFlex.  You might want to give them a try, you can call MiniMed
for some samples.  They are similar to the rapids, with a cannula rather
than a needle and they do disconnect.  The disconnection is a little tricky
to get used to, since you need to turn them, but once you get the hang of
it, they work pretty good.  YMMV.