RE: [IP] Connection problems...

The same thing happens to my daughter.  She basically eats the same foods
everyday about the same time and her levels are always different.  Sometimes
she'll go too low after bolusing or too high.  In my daughters case I
believe her levels depend on the mood she's in (her stress levels).

After caring for my daughter with diabetes for 2 years now, I truly believe
that blood sugars are affected not only by what you eat but what kind of
mood you are in.  My daughter is also on the MM508.

Elizabeth mother of Crystal age 11 dxed 5/00

> Right now I am using 6mm Quick-Set infusion sets. Sometimes the
> connections
> are great and sometimes they don't work that well. For example, yesterday
> bolused 6.5 units of Humalog for breakfast and it gave me a good post-meal
> blood sugar. Today, after exactly the same breakfast and the same
> connection
> still in place, I bolused 6.5 and ended up at 280 mg/dL. I had to add
> supplemental boluses of 1.5 to bring me down to 150mg/dL for lunch.
>
> This happens to me often and it is VERY frustrating. Does any one have any
> suggestions that they can share with me?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Arsen

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message
in error or there are any problems please notify the originator
immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of
this message is strictly forbidden. Natexis Banques Populaires will not
be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party or as a result of any virus being passed on.