[IP] Frios are Fantastic!

I used two Frio coolers on my last trip around-the-world. From April of
2000, to March of 2001 I kept all my insulin (Humulog & Ultra Lente) in 2
Frios. Here's what I found:

-The coolers hold WAY more insulin than advertized. I bought a small wallet.
Website says it holds 3 - 10ml vials. I managed to pack 6 in. I also carried
the extra large cooler...which held about 12 vials.

-They REALLY WORK :) They are fantastic! On other R-T-W trips I had to make
"flashcards" in the local language explaining that I had medicine that had
to keep cool, BUT NOT FREEZE. I would follow the women (it was almost always
women) into the kitchen/private quarters and tuck my insulin in somewhere
far from the freezer compartment. Lots of times I had to use a soda pop/beer
cooler. Even so, since I seem to travel in developing countries, there were
weeks at a time without 'fridges. During those times I "floated" my insulin
vials in water glasses placed on bare cement floors (or in the bathroom
sink...assuming I had a bathroom...) The Frio did away with all that worry
and complication.

-I spent months and months in very hot climates: Turkey, Syria, Jordan,
Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco, India and S.E. Asia. No insulin spoilage,
no problems.

-I have been thinking about using the large Frio cooler around my pump
during my next overseas adventure. There are times in transit or on the
beach when it would be nice to keep the pump below 40 Celsius.

-I highly recommend the Frio and the only drawback I could find is that the
small one (the one I used the most) lost some of its cooling power near the
end of the year of constant use. I think that letting the gel-crystals dry
out completely every now and again would improve the function of the Frio.

-Final tip: get more than one Frio since it is best to always break your
supplies (and money, ID, etc.) into 2 places: one day bag/purse that you
always have with you and one into a bag which you leave in your room/check
on the bus, etc.

If you want more info, just email me...no...I dont work for Frio...