Re: [IP] Cataract surgery Tues. Help!!

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:01:17 EST email @ redacted wrote:

>I only have vision 20/200 in my left eye.  I will be having cataract surgery
>on it on Tues.  I expect blurry vision for a few days but expect to still
>operate my pump and change site despite the blurry vision.  Am I expecting to
>much?  I already have blurry vision due to the cataract and am able to use
>the pump and change the site.

I had cataract surgery on 10/24/01 (left eye) and 11/28/01 (right
eye). I suspect that ophthalmic surgeons have more than one procedure
they can use, and that may need to be taken into account in
interpreting my answer. Also you should ask your surgeon. If the
vision in your right eye is more or less ok you shouldn't have any
problem operating your pump, and quite possibly your left eye will
provide some help. I didn't have any problems changing sites. My pump
is a MM508. On the other hand, if you have no vision in your right
eye, then my answer really doesn't apply.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, pump 1995