Re: [IP] Sugarless Chocolate: Taste Test

I did an experiment to see whether or not my diabetic control went out. I chose a vendor that the number one 1  out of 18 in taste test reported in Consumer Report, Feb,2002, p. 12. They used maltitol as the sweetener( not to require insulin ).

Time     BS     Activity
1:16 pm  196 bs -ate 4 large serving chocolate
1:47 pm  218 bs -same as above
3:02 pm  169 bs
4:30 pm         - bathrm activity and gas
4:51 pm  184 bs
7:42 pm  210 bs
11:40 pm 192 bs

I did the same the next day with 1/2 the chocolate with no gas and no bathrm activity.

It appears if this vendor did not adds lots of fat and carbos that might disrupt diabetic control. This was excellent chocolate according to my wife. I may have spent my chocolate money for the year except some people of our mail group have told us about other good chocolates for more affordable prices.

Subject: Re: [IP] Sugarless Chocolate: Taste Test