Re: [IP] Endo's Attitude Animas Pump

In a message dated 1/22/2002 9:51:05 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Wow!  thanks for all the ino regarding Animas and particular features of
>  Animas for very little ones, I appreciate your info.

You're welcome . . . Oh, and two things I forgot to mention (and I have no
idea if MM & Dis pumps also have these features, but I do know that I like
having them in my daughter's Animas pump):  You can program maximum limits
for basal rates and boluses for your pump that are less than the pumps actual
maximum bolus/basal amounts (and easily change those limits at any time as
your child grows and changes).

For example, I think Animas pump can do a maximum bolus of 25 units at one
time -- which some people might need but that's practically a whole day's
worth of insulin for my daughter.  We set her maximum bolus amount at 5 units
on her pump -- so there's no way she could hold down her pump button and
accidentally program a bolus for say 14 units when she really meant to do 1.4
units.  I know one Animas mom with a preschool age daughter who set the
maximum bolus at 1 unit . . . . And you can set a similar maximum on basal
rates so that you don't accidentallly set a basal rate at 3.0 units per hour
when you meant to do .30 units per hour . . . I have enough stuff to worry
about, so things like this just make my life just a little less stressful . .

Pumpmama to Katie (11, dx @9) happily pumping since 6-1-01 with her Animas
pump "Elvis"