re: [IP] swimming and pumping

we (myself and a few others) talked about swimming the other night in the chat room. while I don't swim USMS anymore, I do still swim about 2500 yds a night at a pretty intensive clip. Sometimes my sugar drops if i give a little bolus to cover my normal basal rate, and other times it goes up from 90 to 140. I'm not complaining about that, but concerned, i looked over my logs and it appears to be related to how long before my workout I eat. If i eat a yogurt and banana about 1.5 hours before my swim, it seems to stay stable with the smalll bolus. Any insight you have i wuld appreciate hearing.

Sign-UP for your FREE Backpacker Email at http://www.backpacker.com/email