[IP] Re: not wearing the pump

> - ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:20:59 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re: not wearing the pump
> In a message dated 1/21/02 7:34:04 PM, email @ redacted writes:
> << > I get tired of wearing glasses too. But, I still wear them every day
> The difference is:  you NEED your glasses to see.  I don't NEED my pump as
> long as I can take shots to serve the same purpose.  >>
> Please don't take this the wrong way...but...if you don't NEED the pump
> do you pump?

I guess the term  YMMV is what is being missed here and the term isnt just
go for pumpers but all diabetics type one and two!  This along with lives
outside the world of diabetes, work, kids, etc etc all contribute to the way
we deal with being a diabetic.

I  have had a hard time regulating my sugar levels since becoming diabetic
and the pump has helped keep my bgs even (greatest advantage waking up with
good results).
I have recently had a problem with sites one in particular is very sore and
has a lump that needs attending.  Time to move away from the tummy for
awhile so I have now tried my hip area, so far so good.

This list amongst a few other good diabetes lists has helped me learn so
much and deal with my own problems and with out  the variety of comments
from many people with their own *individual*  way of doing things, life
would be rather dull:-)

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long
at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us"
Helen Keller