Re: [IP] Animas

In a message dated 1/22/2002 7:37:03 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> New to site and never heard of Animas or Pardigm pumps.  My daughter is on
>  the mm 508 and has been doing very well.  But would like further
>  about the other two.  Thanks

The Paradigm is Minimed's newest pump (after the 508 that your daughter has).
 Animas is, relatively speaking, the new kid on the block of pump companies
in the US (Minimed being the oldest kid on the block, folowed by

The Animas R-1000 pump was approved by the FDA about 2 years ago.  When we
were shopping for a pump for my 11 year old daughter about a year ago we
looked at pumps offered by all three pump companies and chose the Animas pump
as being the best choice for us -- it had all the features we were looking
for (including some we couldn't find in the other pumps) and didn't have some
of the things that we saw as drawbacks in the other pumps.

All of the pumps are good pumps, though, and choosing a pump is really an
individual decision.  If you want to know more about the pumps currently
available, you should visit each company's web site.  There are direct links
from the Insulin Pumpers Home page (click here:  <A
HREF="http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/">Insulin Pumpers</A> )

Pumpmama to Katie (11) Happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis" since