I can't imagine life without my pump.  The only time I am NOT connected is
when I am in the shower, and that is only for about 1/2 hour a day.  When I
get dressed in the morning for work, I put it on just like I put on a pair of
panies and a bra.  It is just oart of me and I would not want to go back to
sticking myself several time a day.  I have only given 2 or 3 shots since
being on the pump (since March 31, 2001).  My life is so much better and more
predictable now.  I don't have to guess if I can wait another hour to eat if
I want, I don't have to snack between every meal and I can eat more of the
things that I want to instead of what I "need" to eat.  If I don't want to or
don't feel like eating 4 carb exchanges er meal - I don't have to anymore!!!
I can eat so much less and not have to stuff myself full of all this food
that my body doesn't need anymore - I am eating for me now, not my insulin.