[IP] Dental Implants

Hi All,
I recently broke a tooth that couldnt be saved. After a Dentist visit, than
consultation I got a dental implant this afternoon. My sugars are fine, &
the procedure was smooth. The Oral surgeon explained the implant fixes
itself into the healthy jaw bone & several months later an artificial tooth
is attached (crown). Has anyone (diabetes related) had this procedure?
successful or not??
As always, Thanks for everyones input in advance.

Jason (NYC)