[IP] Chinese food

Chinese food has always made my BG skyrocket. I assume it's because there's
hidden sugar in all the sauces and the rice has a high glycemic index. Much
as I love it, I avoid it -- also Thai, Malaysian and similar yummy stuff. On
the occasions I "had to" get Chinese food (in a group of friends who were in
the mood) I had no BG problem if I ordered steamed veggies with
shrimp/chicken, no sauce, no rice. Needless to say, what's the point?