Re: [IP] MM sils and Quick Sets

>  I had been using MM sils for about 3 months when I started having
>  many problems with the cannula becoming bent sometime after
>  insertion.  (These are the newer sils with the gray introducer
>  needle).  I mentioned this to a MM rep and he said he has only
>  recently started hearing from many people having this same problem.
>   Has anyone else experienced this, esp. with the "new" sils with
>  the gray introducer needle?
> Also, after having so many problems with the sils, I have switched
> to the QuickSets, 6mm cannula.  I am pretty thin and generally have
> no problems with sites in my stomach.  But, I have been trying to
> start using my upper butt area, but find that the cannula often gets
> bent directly next to the hub part that sticks to your skin.  Does
> anyone else have problems with this? This may be because there is
> not enough fat in the area...

More likely that the set is being "inched" out by the underlying
muscle movement. Try rotating the set insertion angle so that it lies
perpendicular to the underling tissue movement when you flex those
muscles. Also, moving the set slightly up/down, left/right may do the
trick as well. My daughter found that certain angles and spots on her
butt became kinked more easily during heavy physical exertion
(soccer). She manage to solve the problem as described above and uses
Sils exclusively.

Michael

I assume it is because the area gets