[IP] Re: Endo's Attitude

I think one of the most important relationships a diabetic can have is with
his/her endo.  You definitely need to find someone who is willing to work
with you, not against you.  I've lived in three different states and I always
make it a priority to find out about endos in the new area before I ever
move.  Some people deal well with the drill sergeant personality.  I don't.
I always try to interview my prospective endo and find out from his/her
patients as much as I can about how I will be treated.  If I don't get along
well and with them, I go to the next one.

Some of my favorite endos are diabetic and wear pumps themselves.  They seem
to know a little bit more what it is like dealing with a condition day in and
day out for years...and are not usually ones that will come down hard on your
head unless you really need it.  I currently drive across the state line to
an endo in Columbus, GA.  I could drive 30 minutes to the next town, but I
haven't found an endo in that particular city that has a very good reputation
of working well with people.