Re: [IP] Re: not wearing the pump

In a message dated 1/22/02 10:00:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Perhaps
> when you have as much experience with diabetes as some of us you will
> encounter these problems also.  With injections you do not have as great a
> control on timing.

OK, I'm going to send this and then I'm done with this line of questioning.
I don't understand how this turned into "which is better: shots or the pump?"
 I was simply answering the question that was asked about how many of us go
off the pump for periods of time and why?  Now it seems as if I'm being
chastised for doing so.  And it's not like I'm abandoning the pump
altogether.  I only take it off for a few days at a time and I am well aware
of how to control my BG's when I do this.  I have 26 years of "experience
with diabetes" ( almost 3/4 of my life) and resent the implication that
because I choose to not wear my pump sometimes I am not as "experienced " as
others.  I KNOW WHAT WORKS FOR ME.  As for Insulndazed comments about what
Carol was doing "wrong" for 10 years.....I'm not even sure what he/she was
getting at.  Can't we all just get along???? :-)