Re: [IP] Re: not wearing the pump

On 22 Jan 2002 at 1:24, email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 1/21/02 10:14:21 PM, email @ redacted writes:
> Hi, good luck if you go off the pump. I just started on the pump about a month
> ago after having to take 4-6 shots daily and still having bloodsugars in the
> 300 range. The pump has helped me more than I ever imagined and my sugars are
> now in the normal range for the first time in 10 years. Best of luck with what
> ever you decide.                Carol

> <<      Carol >>
> what where you doing wrong on the needle? for ten year's?

I'm sure if Carol knew "what where(sic) you doing wrong on the needle?" that she would have corrected it within 10 years.  For some of us getting a balance of when we
inject and when the insulin starts working is just not predictable.  It seems to me that as I got older that I would encounter more problems also (lipohypertrophy?). Perhaps
when you have as much experience with diabetes as some of us you will encounter these problems also.  With injections you do not have as great a control on timing.  To
me, it is not being able to avoid injections (I'd rather take a shot than a pill), it is being able to control my bgs  JMO