From: Sam [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 7:34 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: not wearing the pump

At 08:09 AM 1/21/02 email @ redacted wrote:
 >I don't know why others do it, but for me it's just a matter of comfort.
 >get tired of being "connected" all the time......getting tangled up in the
 >tubing, having the pump poking me every time I move (I usually wear it
 >clipped to my waistband).  I don't know, I guess sometimes it's vanity
too.
 >It's hard to wear certain clothes while wearing the pump.  I don't mind
 >having to have shots during those times.  The insulin pens make that
bearable.

I get tired of wearing glasses too. But, I still wear them every day. My
pump is not a burden, it's my life-enhancer. It gives me control over my
life, instead of having some long-acting insulin telling me when I need to
eat, etc. Personally, I wouldn't give up this extra freedom for anything.
As an example, yesterday I had a lot of errands to run... I skipped both
breakfast and lunch. I finally ate at 4pm because I was hungry, not because
I had to. To me, that's what pumping is all about.

Sam