Re: [IP] Re: not wearing the pump

In a message dated 1/21/02 12:36:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I get tired of wearing glasses too. But, I still wear them every day

The difference is:  you NEED your glasses to see.  I don't NEED my pump as
long as I can take shots to serve the same purpose.  I was on MDI for 17
years and I never had problems with skipping meals or sleeping in if I
wanted.  The NPH served the same purpose as my basal rates and I took shots
of regular or humalog to cover meals, BG highs just as I bolus now to do so.
I'm not suggesting that anyone should want to take their pump off for any
reason....I just find that it's something I want to do.