[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #41

Hello fellow pumpers  I was just reading the digest about someone who was
put on steroids temporarily because of a sinus infection...But one of my
insulin pump nurses told me when I first got on the pump that Humulog was
an anabolic steroid.  I was concerned because I began to gain weight when
I first got on the pump.  Can this synthetic insulin be part of the
problem?  Just a thought--what has research said about the long term
effects of synthetic insulins?  P Redmond