re: [IP] Re: Novolog

What's Insulin to BG ratio?
Did you check your urine to see if you spilling Keytones?

> I've been pumping since July of 2001~I've been using Novolog since June.  I'm having trouble with it, and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.
I do well with it as long as I don't go high.  But if I go high, either
because I messed up my meal bolus or if I'm ill or hormonal, I can't bring my
blood sugar down with a correction bolus.  Last night my bg was 321~I bolused
5.7 units of Novolog and two hours later I'd only come down 20 points.  I had
the same trouble when I was ill.  It seems to especially be a problem at
night~maybe I'm more insulin resistant at night.  In the morning my blood
sugar isn't that bad~this morning 148.  I bolused for decaf coffee with cream
and even ended up going a little low.  I'm not sure what to do.  My goal is
not to go high, but sometimes its not in my control.  Any suggestions would
be appreciated.

Take Care~

Jan

<