Re: [IP] Strange Absorption

> Help!  My son has had a really strange week or BGs.  He keeps having
> highs, but if you fix them, he crashes and has to replace all the
> insulin from the high bolus with glucose/carbs approximately an hour
> later.  I'm not talking little highs I'm talking upper 200's
> (260-299).  These highs are showing approximately 3hours post meal
> bolus.

Sounds like the insulin is being absorbed more slowly than the food.
Is he bolusing after he eats?? I recall when Lily had this kind of
problem. I encouraged her to bolus at least half of her meal plan
as or before she began eating. This allowed her the flexibility
eating as much/little as she wanted and still grazing afterwards.
Pretty much solved the problem. Dunno if this is similar to what you
are experiencing.