Re: [IP] Support Group Burnout

Since we've been talking about support groups, I thought this might be a
good time to throw this one out there for some input.

I've been invited to a pump support group in my local area.  As much as I
know it will be worthwhile to talk to others, and share ideas, I'm afraid of
getting burned out.

I lead a support group for several years (not diabetes related, a different
disability), and found myself completely burned out by the experience.  I
had to quit the group, and now (as much asI hate to say it) I don't even
want to identify myself as ever having been part of the group to begin with.
  I just resent it that much.

Can anyone give some tips on how to deal with Support-Group Burn Out?  (To
relate this to the IP list:  the stress of meetings made my sugar nuts after
a while, because it wasn't fun anymore.)