[IP] Re: not wearing the pump

In a message dated 1/21/02 10:16:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Most of us wear the pump 100% of the time. Why would you take it off for
> such long periods of time and have to go through the transition from long
> acting insulin to the short-actings stuff??

I don't know why others do it, but for me it's just a matter of comfort.  I
get tired of being "connected" all the time......getting tangled up in the
tubing, having the pump poking me every time I move (I usually wear it
clipped to my waistband).  I don't know, I guess sometimes it's vanity too.
It's hard to wear certain clothes while wearing the pump.  I don't mind
having to have shots during those times.  The insulin pens make that bearable.