Re: [IP] Thyroid testing

<< Hi I need some more information about the various thyroid tests.  I have
several done and they never show anything but my "senses" tell me other wise.
 What are the specific tests I should be asking my dr about?
Thank you all so much in advance.
Jeanne >>

Hi Jeanne,

I highly recommend that you do some reading at about.thyroid.com and also at
medicinenet.com.  About.thyroid.com is written by a thyroid patient and has a
lot of information on all the different types of tests you should request
(TSH does not tell the whole story for many people).  Medicinenet.com is
written by board-certified physicians and I've also found great info there.

The best way to get what you need is to be armed with information.  My doctor
didn't listen to me, either.  I had to keep track of my own results and go
surfing the Web to find supporting evidence that would explain my atypical
results.  I'm now on Unithroid.

good luck,