[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #53

In a message dated 1/19/02 10:40:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> We are going skiing next month for the first time since Jake started pumping
> and I was wondering if people think it's better to set temp basals while
> skiing or disconnect? We are having problems after disconnecting sometime(

Nadine puts her pump in suspend while skiing, therefor she doesn't disconnect
A helpful tip for the meter:  Put a small handwarmer into the case of the
meter.  Just make sure it doesn't make contact directly with the meter, so it
doesn't get too warm.  Nadine had her meter in her case under all of her
clothing at first, but it still got too cold to function.  That was the Fast
Take which was very temp. sensitive.  Now, the Ultra is supposed to be
better.  But just in case you should run into that problem with your

Sylvelin, mom of Nadine,11 and Mitch,9 (not D)