Re: [IP] Animas

I've been on the Animas for about a month, (started December 17, 2001) and
absolutely love it. I have a significant amount of insulin resistance, and
was averaging well over 200 blood sugars on MDI (often 6 - 7 shots a day).
The pump has been incredible!!! My 14 day average is now under 140, and I'm
frequently in the 110's or below. The Animas reps and customer service have
been excellent. I had a lot of "dumb beginner" type questions and they were
knowledgeable and friendly, regardless of the time of day. I also strongly
recommend the ezManager software that is coming out in final version this
week (It has been in beta, and a free trial is available on their website).
The pump is effectively silent (no clicking!!!) and is fullky waterproof,
to a standard not approached even by the other "waterproof" pumps. It does
not require special infusion sets to stay waterproof  like the Paradigm.
Please feel free to ask me any specific questions you may have, although
their reps are far more knowledgable than I am.