Re: [IP] Animas

In a message dated 1/19/2002 6:38:23 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am meeting with the Animas pump rep next week.  Can some of you guys
>  currently on the animas let me know how ya'll feel about them?  Any
>  problems/reasons for you to dislike them?

My daughter (11) has been pumping with Animas since 6-1-01 and we've been
really happy with the pump and the people we've dealt with.  Some of the
features we really like about the pump are the fact that it is waterproof (so
she can get the maximum benefit from pumping since she doesn't *need* to
disconnect except for set changes), the .05 uph basal increment (which has
helped us really fine-tune her overnight basal rates), and the overall size
and "look" of the pump (aesthetics are important to my very pre-teen
daughter).  The only thing I don't like about Animas is their name -- but
then I don't think Disetronic and Minimed sound all that great either
(somehow I think it was engineering types and not marketing types that came
up with these names <g!>) . . . Really, I think that they all make good pumps
and you need to choose the pump that best suits your needs and preferences.
Animas looked like the best choice for us when we were pump shopping about a
year ago -- and happily the last 7 months of experience have proven it to be
the right choice for us . . .

Happy pumping!

Pumpmama to Katie