[IP] re: Medic Alert Scam

<<"Allison Kane" <email @ redacted>
I just wanted everyone to be aware of Medic Alert's policy.

Today the bracelet broke and fell off his arm and we have been unable to
locate it. I called Medic Alert to get a replacement and was told that I
would have to pay the membership fee again. Our membership is current, and
doesn't expire for awhile. Of course I argued that I shouldn't have to pay
the annual membership fee since we have a membership and that I should only
have to pay for the bracelet. The operator said that they could not do that,
nor could they provide us with the free bracelet as a replacement (with us
LOSING money) either. >>

Allison, I'm not sure why Medic Alert did this to you, but recently we
lost my son's stainless steel bracelet & he decided on a necklace anyway,
so we got a new necklace for him.  We just had to pay the cost of the
necklace.  It makes sense to me that we should cover the replacement cost
for the necklace.  Medic Alert is a non-profit organization and we've had good
support from them for over 2 years with no problems.  I'm sure that they're
struggling to cover their costs this year just like most non-profits.  Look at
JDRF - they're several million $ short of goal & may have to stop funding some

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with them, but we've had a good
experience with them & they provide a valuable service for this community.

Selly V, Austin, TX, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!