Re: [IP] Novolog vs Humalog

Kerri <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I mean no disrespect whatsoever, but how can that be
> when Novolog is yeast-derived and Humalog is
> e.coli-derived (special strain)?

Those are only the host species used to "manufacture" the insulin analog.
Now that may have to do with which peptide is modified (not my field of
expertise), but other than that, the organism contributes nothing to the end
product.  That is fundamental to the whole concept of bioengineering.

> Are you referring only to the diluent they are put in
> to make them liquid (if so, my apologies)?

No need to apologize. Yes, that is what I was referring to when I said
Novolog and Humalog are identical except for that one peptide change.

I'll reiterate that this is the information given to me by the Novo rep at
the Atlanta Diabetes University last November.

Jim Handsfield