Re: [IP] Posting Language

On 19 Jan 2002 at 11:57, email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 1/19/02 10:52:53 AM Central Standard Time,
> > This sounds like a d*** fine arrangement to me!
> >
> not meaning to be a prude but the use of this language on a list with kids as
> members seems inappropriate to me......the message would have been the same
> without the expletive

This is true, but it would have been "truer" if your message had gone to the individual rather than being repeated on List mail.  ;>)   The Administrators will generally try to
keep the language in line with the knowledge that some of the Main List members are our children.  We do this by responding to the person "off list" so as to not end up
repeating on List, and also to keep any "chastising" as a private, personal matter.    ;>o

George Lovelace
IP Administration

This message is sent to List to acknowlege that the volunteer Administrators do their best to keep things "clean" and on Topic but to also leave as much freedom to post
as possible. Let's all "respect" the Rules of Netiquette    :>)