[IP] Re: Parents of DM's

I remember about 1&1/2 years after my son was diagnosed we were having a disagreement about his pump. He was 12 years old then and went through some tough times at first getting adjusted to it.  He burst into tears- "I just hate this" he said. I of course began to cry too.  I told him how much I hated this stupid disease and let him know I would trade places with him in a heart beat if I could. I was so sad for him that he had to live is life with diabetes.  I really had a melt down and I think it was the first time I had ever let him see how devestated I was.  I always thought I had to keep up this positive front for him. We both learned a lot that day.  I am happy to say that 3 years later things are much smoother.  He is in High School now and I am amazed at his  maturity.  I never wanted him to think I was mad at him for having diabetes-  just mad at this horrific disease.  We are very close and I am so proud of what he has accomplished.  I hope he knows by what we have !
 already been through that I will
always stand by him  and that together we can  make it through   hard times.
thie positive front for his sake and ththink t