Re: [IP] Re: kids, attitudes and testing

In a message dated 1/18/02 7:26:35 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Beverly, I know that depression in children can be very complicated.  But
> the
> other problems you mention, are they all related to the diabetes?  And if
> so,
> have you been offered any explanation of why she has such problems at such
> young age and short time after diagnosis?  Claire is soon coming up to her
> 5
> year dx anniversary--I don't know if any extra tests are done at this time.
> If you don't wish to discuss any of this I understand.  I am only hoping,
> like always, to learn everything I can about this disease.
> Best regards,
> Barbara, Mum of Claire 7

They believe it all to be diabetes related, inc the depression......we just
saw the neuro on Thursday......we are currently waiting on the results of her
24 hour urine (for kidney function) which they are doing just shy of 5 years
because of all the other complications.......as to why....it is a nasty, ugly
disease of complications and only recognizes five years of diabetes not that
she is just eight.....from what I understand the five year mark is when they
start checking for certain things..............btw, they also feel that pump
control could reverse it all because it has been caught early........