Re: [IP] Do thyroid meds affect insulin needs?

when I started on synthroid, I was on the very low dose (.005) I have
since been promoted to .01 when I started on it I felt tired, and weak,
with no energy. I felt much better once on it. after a while, the
symptoms came back, I was not aware of the reason at 1st, but the blood
test results indicated I needed more . I am now very aware, that if
those symptoms occur, I let the dr know, then have a blood test then he
increases my medicine, a couple of times, he did not believe me, but the
blood tests convinced him. I sometimes switched between synthroid and
levethroid, basically because the synthroid does not come in the doses
at the time I needed it (once it was .0375) he usually increments it by
.0025 at a time

so I think it iis important to be aware of how you feel and tell your dr!
David R