Re: [IP] ?? RE: Stinging Boluses and H vs. N

On 18 Jan 2002 at 11:53, email @ redacted wrote:

> email @ redacted writes:
> > My son switched in Nov to Novolog.  At first the only BIG change he had was
> >  no more pain with bolusing.
> Sylvia and anyone else who made this switch to Novolog because Humalog was
> stinging:  Did Humalog always sting when bolusing?  Or, was it only for
> "large" boluses?  Also, what kind of pump do you use?  (i.e. the slower
> delivering MM or the faster delivering Dis & Animas)
> Lyndy

I use the "faster" H-tron pump.  The Humalog did not always sting with a bolus, but the site would deteriorate in a short time which could be extended by the mixing with
Regular/Velosulin. Eventually the site would sting whether bolusing or not.  I have switched to Novolog and I have not experienced the site deteriorating like I did with
Humalog.  I can get stinging with Novolog when the set goes into the muscle layer, no matter the size of bolus  YMMV

George    :>)