Re: [IP] Re: kids, attitudes, and testing

>Subject: RE: [IP] Re: kids, attitudes, and testing
>Funny you mention this about being humiliated but my daughters doctor does
>the same thing to her.  She accuses my daughter of sneaking snacks and that
>is why her numbers are high.  I got very upset with the Endo one day and so
>did my daughter.  My daughter told her that she resented being told that she
>sneaks snacks just because her numbers are high.  I thought that was very
>insensitive of the doctor.  Now when we have an appointment my daughter
>dreads going.

Same here as a kid.  I was 100% compliant which didn;t help/  to this
day i feel I must prove anything with a file cabinet of documentation.

MY humble advice is that your daughter's endo is incompetent.  Any
doc who doesn't realize that highs can "just happen" is not qualified
to help with DM let alone a pumper patient.  this is serious
emotioinal abuse for your daughter to take.  It is abuse.

Darrin Parker
Ontario, Canada

I have used the insulin infusion pump for one year thanks to the
support of wonderful internet friends & the

The Pump gave me better control than I had achieved in 27 years of
MDI!  Best pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &