Re: [IP] email @ redacted

<< Could you tell me how you Knew rather found out you had a thyroid
prob.???your symptoms etc.???thanks so much
 Debi jackson >>

Hi Debi,

I was very tired and dragged-out (ready for bed at 7pm no matter how much
sleep I'd had), had noticeably lost my short-term memory (and I'm only 43),
had less ability to concentrate, and my body had inappropriate responses to
temperature--so I asked my endo to test my thyroid.

The results came back with high antibodies, which is the marker for
Hashimoto's Disease (the autoimmunine thyroid disease).  I am also low in T4
and FTI (a test that shows the amount of thyroid available to be used by your
cells).  Curiously, my TSH--the typical marker for thyroid problems--is
low-normal.  However, all the Web info I've gathered says that results like
mine indicate a case of "secondary" or "tertiary" hypothyroidism--this is
when the reduced thyroid function is caused by a faulty pituitary or the
hypothalamus, not the thyroid gland itself.