[IP] Re: kids, attitudes and testing

Mary has diagnosed depression , neuropathy, gastro and
cardiac issues.......I am frequently sleep deprived......she is 8
- -*******---*******
Beverly, Mom to Mary, 8, dx'd 9/97,

Beverly, I know that depression in children can be very complicated.  But the
other problems you mention, are they all related to the diabetes?  And if so,
have you been offered any explanation of why she has such problems at such a
young age and short time after diagnosis?  Claire is soon coming up to her 5
year dx anniversary--I don't know if any extra tests are done at this time.
If you don't wish to discuss any of this I understand.  I am only hoping,
like always, to learn everything I can about this disease.
Best regards,
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7