[IP] Re: Stinging boluses

Sylvia and anyone else who made this switch to Novolog because Humalog was
stinging:  Did Humalog always sting when bolusing?  Or, was it only for
"large" boluses?  Also, what kind of pump do you use?  (i.e. the slower
delivering MM or the faster delivering Dis & Animas)

Hi Lyndy,
     Claire started pumping using the Quick-sets inserted into her tummy
where she had some lipohypertrophy.  Had to change to her back-side after 2
weeks, as a site failed.  That was when she noticed that her boluses stung
quite badly.  Even one unit will sting, but .5 seems to be okay.  Her
injections also stung her a lot (NPH and Regular).  She uses the H-tron which
delivers fairly quickly, though not quite as fast as the Animas I believe.
We are anxious to try Novolog when it is released in Canada, probably as
Novorapid, to see if this will make a difference.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7