[IP] Re: Seven day site

>>>Josh's sites have lasted 7 days with great BGs the whole time.  But after
one >>>
                      * * * * *

>>You leave the same site in for 7 days?  Is that the same tubing and
insulin syringe set too?  I thought that maybe the insulin would deteriorate
by then.  I only leave my set for 3 to 3-1/2 days - I didn't know I could
leave it longer -- no infections, bumps, etc? I'm all for saving money and
not having to throw away
insulin left in the set, so I would be interested to know how long people
leave the same set in.  Pat (pumped) >>>

I've been pumping 18.5 years and consistently go 4-5 days (mostly 5). A
difference might be my total daily dose is about 30 units. *I* think a site
that has a lot more insulin than that over time would deteriorate more
quickly.

So, my advice would be to use caution and wisdom without risking infection
for an experiment (speaking from experience with a 10-day site). YMMV (~_^)

@

Isn't making a no-smoking section in a restaurant like making a no-peeing
section in a swimming pool?