[IP] Do thyroid meds affect insulin needs?

I just started on Unithroid 2 days ago for hypothyroidism (I have Hashimoto's
Disease).  Have any of you found that it severely decreased your insulin
needs?  I can't seem to keep my blood sugar up since starting it.  I reduced
all my basals by .1 yesterday and am reducing them by *another* .1 today--it
is noon here and I have already had four insulin reactions!

Can anyone on synthetic thyroid tell me if you experienced the same thing?
I'm wondering if it's due to something else--because it seems surprising to
me that the meds would have an effect this quickly.  (They usually say you
won't feel a difference from the thyroid meds for 1-3 weeks.)

thanks in advance!