Re: [IP] Re: kids, attitudes, and testing

In a message dated 1/18/02 11:16:42 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> my apologies, didn't know capitol letters meant you were shouting ....oops
> what i am trying to say is that everybody is different and should not be
> judged the same.
> i happen to know my daughter very well and i know when she's low and high
> and when she's just being plain old pain in my @##$.  and I believe her
> behavior has EVERYTHING to do with bg levels.  I too almost lost my
> daughter.

absolutely accepted....and in my post I too said my daughter is never
punished when her behaviour has to do with diabetes.......I have been known
to tell her to test and she better hope her bgs are out of wack or she is in
big trouble...I always rule that out first....and have had a running battle
with the school over this issue.......I also believe it to be my job to teach
her how to take care of herself and live with this disease and that not
everyone will understand and she will not always be excused for inappropriate
behaviour so she must stay on top of it.....she is an amazing
child.........and I cry in my closet....