Re: [IP] Sending son to dad's for court ordered visitation

In a message dated 1/18/2002 9:28:31 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> He may even want to
>  wear a loaner pump for a little while with saline just so he will know
>  site changes, batteries, cartridges the whole works!

That's a great suggestion, Sylvia.  Even though we, as parents can know what
it feels like to have diabetes, there's no better way to really learn how to
manage pumping than to be a pumper for a while . . . including BG checks, set
changes, carb counting, bolusing etc.  and, in this situation, if Sean could
get her EX to do a saline trial earlier rather than later he would have a
much clearer understanding of what it means to be responsible for his son's
care for a full three months this summer -- or even for a week at Spring

Pumpmama to Katie