Re: [IP] Novolog vs Humalog

  My son switched in Nov to Novolog.  At first the only BIG change he had was
no more pain with bolusing.  Also, I no longer had to mix insulins, and
Josh's sites have lasted 7 days with great BGs the whole time.  But after one
month (I'm pretty sure when we started he was in a growth spurt...that's why
the delay!) After the spurt his insulin needs went down slightly.  I had to
lower some basal rates.  OThers have mentioned this also.  We really are
quite pleased with Novolog for those main reasons.  As for lasting longer or
acting quicker, I haven't tested these theories yet so don't know as far as
Josh is concerned.  Like with everything else, YMMV

mom to Joshua