Re: [IP] Low blood sugar is no reason for bad behavior

There was a man in Columbus, GA last month who was convicted of manslaughter
because he had an accident during a low blood sugar and was responsible for
the deaths of a woman and her son.  I don't know all the details of the
trial...if the man ever tried to take care of himself, etc....but obviously
in the eyes of the law, we are responsible for our own actions.  Strange to
me that someone could use the twinkie defense and get away with murder
because of how the twinkie affected the person...but diabetics can be
sentenced to prison for a low BG level.  On the other hand, two precious
people were killed because the driver didn't stop and take care of himself.
Made me stop and think about making sure I have enough glucose tabs in my car
at all times.