Re: [IP] Re: Wrestling wiht highs

In a message dated 1/17/2002 8:53:37 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Brenda - my sugars would also go high when I watched my daughter's swim
>  meets.  I'm sure it was the stress I was feeling.  I would take an extra
> unit
>  (I'm too lazy to change my basals).  I think the effects of stress on BG
>  highly under-rated.

Two other options besides doing a bolus or actually changing your regular
basal profile is either setting a temporary basal or setting up another basal
profile on your pump (most of  the pumps out now can do both of these things
-- how you do it depends on the make and model of your pump).

Pumpmama to Katie