[IP] Re: Wrestling wiht highs

In a message dated 1/15/02 8:06:05 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  I have been on the pump since the middle of December and every
> Saturday that he has wrestled I cannot keep my blood sugars down. I thought
> the pump would solve this problem. I'm wondering if I should raise my basal
> rates on those days and if so by how much.  I am seeing the endo on Tuesday
> so I will ask her then but in the mean time does anyone have any
> suggestions?
Brenda - my sugars would also go high when I watched my daughter's swim
meets.  I'm sure it was the stress I was feeling.  I would take an extra unit
(I'm too lazy to change my basals).  I think the effects of stress on BG is
highly under-rated.

Type 1 28 yrs, pumping 2 1/5 yrs