Re: [IP] Re: Clicking pumps

In a message dated 1/17/02 2:14:17 PM, email @ redacted writes:

this is the reason you were told it leaked? rapid injection?
interesting....we don't need large boluses so, I guess it is the bolus
size.....maybe.........and I thought we were discussing the noise they
make.....btw, I'm chilled...and haven't heard any noise from our pump but I
asked my daughter and she says she hears the delivery from time to time.......
Beverly >>

Beverly A large bolus for me is 4.0 units And I was never told it leaked I
could see insulin leaking out of the site! And yes we are talking about the
(clicking noise).
minimed's pump  dose click and it's slow not like the other pumps that can
(rapidly inject) 30 units in 3mins. thats rapidly pumping it in. Any faster
and it would be a garden hose lol :)