Re: [IP] Re: kids, attitudes, and testing

I agree.  I can't understand why so many parents 'baby' their child with
diabetes.  I grew up with the disease and I was responsible for how I felt if
my glucose was high...not my Mom.  Sure...I probably grew up a little quicker
than my friends, but being responsible is also looked upon with respect by
one's peers.  I dealt with my disease and my friends accepted my 'maturity'.

And yes...I consider myself a normal, adjusted adult.

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >20 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting to happen." - - - Mary Tyler

Please everyone pray for my oldest friend, Sandi, as she battles Leukemia and
prepares for a Bone Marrow Transplant on February 20, 2002.  She's fighting
for her life!